Listing photos are often a potential buyer's first impression of your home. For home sellers who want to sell quickly at a good price, first impressions have to be perfect.
When you have the date set to meet your REALTOR® for a photo shoot, you might find yourself running around trying to tidy up in time.
Here are a few easy tips to help you prepare for a photo shoot:
- Depending on the season, make sure that the yard is picked up, lawn mowed, gardening tools put away, and leaves raked.
- Remove all vehicles from the driveway. This will make your driveway look less cluttered
- Hide personal décor so buyers are able to picture themselves living in your house.
- Make sure the dishes are done and the kitchen sink is empty.
- Take all magnets off the fridge - It’s amazing how this will make your kitchen look cleaner and less cluttered.
- Turn on lights and replace burnt out light bulbs. Also, open all the blinds to brighten up rooms.
Sometimes, there’s no need to hire a professional photographer. Follow these simple tips to prepare your home for perfect REALTOR® listing pictures. Happy snapping!
By Cheryl Hyland, REALTOR® at CENTURY 21 Foothills Real Estate.