When buying a new home, some documentation is needed to support your mortgage request. By providing your mortgage specialist with the documents that are indicated on the list below, you can work together to finalize your mortgage needs efficiently.
Information that describes the property you are buying:
- Purchase and Sale Agreement
- MLS Listing with photo
- Name, address, telephone number of your solicitor / notary
Confirmation of your down payment:
- Savings or investment statement from within last 90 days
- Sale of an existing property – a copy of the sale agreement
- Gift letter
- Withdrawal from RRSP through Home Buyer’s Plan
- Copy of latest T4 slip
- Letter of employment
- T1 General and Notice of Assessment (NOA if self-employed)
Other information that may be required:
As part of your application process, your mortgage broker will ask you questions relating to what you owe and own, what some of the projected expenses relating to the property are, such as taxes, heating costs and condo fees, and whether you will be using the property to generate income.
Angela Slager is with CENTURY 21 Heritage House Ltd. in Woodstock, ON.