Self-Employed? You Can Get a Mortgage

You will need to present the following documents to a banker or other lender for the application of your new mortgage:


  • 2 years of Notice of Assessments
  • 2 years of T1 general tax return forms
  • 2 years' proof of business (your GST number and article of incorporation)


  • Written employment letter from Human Resources stating salary or hour wage /minimum hourly work week/position /start date - if less than 3 months (letter stating you are not on probation)
  • Current pay stub
  • 2 years of T4 statements if you would like to use overtime earnings

Have these documents ready when you meet with your mortgage specialist and things will move swiftly for you.

Terri Stephens is a sales representative with Century 21 Castlewood Agencies in Airdrie, Alberta.

There are no comments

Thank you! Your comment has been submitted and is awaiting approval.

Blog Archives