Take out the Trash this Open House Month
It's OPEN HOUSE MONTH at CENTURY 21 offices across Canada - Spring has sprung, and the Spring Cleaning frenzy isn't too far behind!
And this month, for the first time, CENTURY 21 Canada has a unique and highly useful program to help you expedite your spring cleaning projects.
As a CENTURY 21 Connections Partner, the well-known collection company, 1-800-GOT-JUNK? can help save you 10% on your Spring junk removal - with a special offer that will get your property listing in tip-top shape during the month of April.
And that's not all during CENTURY 21 Open House Month... You can also earn up to 100 Bonus AIR MILES reward miles* when you buy, or sell, your home with a CENTURY 21 sales representative* now through until the end of July 2010.
*Terms and Conditions apply.
Check out all the CENTURY 21 Open Houses across Canada on our interactive website.
You obviously want your home to look good when your realtor holds an Open House, so here are some further tips around getting rid of junk.
Since garbage day generally is once a week, if you're going to be showing your house on day five or six, since the last garbage collection, there's going to be some accumulation. Here are some things you can do before a viewing to make sure this situation doesn't "trash" a potential sale:
- Ensure that all garbage containers, including wastepaper baskets, are empty throughout the home
- Add new plastic inserts to all garbage containers in the kitchen and bathrooms
- Since compost and cat litter bags can smell even when tied securely, put them in a covered bin in the garage or outside at the side of your house
- Check around your property for accumulated debris, such as old lumber, and discard (or hide)
- If you've been planning a trip to the dump someday, TODAY is that day - OR call 1-800-GOT-JUNK to move the bigger stuff out of your life
Happy Spring Cleaning! And enjoy Open House Month this month!
Posted by Barbara Fromm
on April 7, 2010