If you're an AIR MILES collector, you may have discovered the AIR MILES "community" (social networking website), and maybe you even entered their "Who Wants to be a Mile-ionaire" contest - the prize of which was 1 million AIR MILES reward miles. Enough to fly to Australia and back more than 50 times from Canada!
And the prize goes to.... Roy Enger, 74, of Chilliwack, BC (right, with wife Mabel). The "Mile-ionaire" winner was announced at a Toronto ceremony last week.
Roy didn't travel to the event, but he did send his daughter and grandaughter to accept the 1 million reward miles. They were joined by 11 contest finalists, each of whom received 50,000 AIR MILES reward miles.
"It still hasn't sunk in that we are Mile-ionaires," said Roy from his home. "We already use our AIR MILES for gifts to share with family, but now we can take those trips to all the places we have dreamed about like Australia, New Zealand and a cruise to Alaska. Our new favourite line when we go shopping will be - do you take AIR MILES?"
CENTURY 21 is the only real estate company that rewards consumers with AIR MILES reward miles for selling and buying their homes.
"What I Would Do with 1 Million AIR MILES Reward Miles"
Members of the AIR MILES communities shared their dreams as what they'd do as a "Mile-ionaire"; some highlights:
- "I would use some of the points for my wedding in August, donate some to charity and use some points for a vacation and to buy goodies!!"
- "My granddaughter would like to go to Disney World with me. She has never travelled..."
- "We're celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary this year, we would finally take that long awaited and well deserved honeymoon we have been waiting to save up enough for."
- "I would treat myself to an espresso/cappuccino machine, get some cool tools for my hubby, treat myself to a spa, ah!!"
- "I would marry my girlfriend and take my family on an amazing vacation."
- "I would love to take my sister on vacation she deserves it. She helped pay for all the deposits for our wedding to help us out. I think it would be a great gift to give to my sister for everything she's done."
- "I would take my children to meet their family in Germany."
- "My wife is originally from France. She would love to return home to visit her ailing mother."
- " I would take my youth group on a trip that only happens every 2 years within my church."
- " I have a husband for over 35 years, 3 grown sons, 2 daughter-in-laws, and 2 beautiful grand daughters. It would be my greatest gift for all of us to go on a family cruise where we could spend time together and laugh, have fun, and not have to worry about $$$$, or cooking, or cleaning..."
- "I would love to take my parents to B.C. with me to visit their grandson which they have not seen for a year. Give something back to them for a change."
- "I would love to treat my SBCs (sisters by choice) to a vacation of their dreams. None of us had much money throughout our lives."
- "Take my kids and my parents to disneyworld in Florida... my way of thanking them for putting up with me for the last 4 years while I finish nursing school."
- "With 7 children between us the idea of a family vacation is just a fantasy..."
- "I would head to Europe for at least 2 months in the summer. A million airmiles and you could probably do it every year for 10 years."
What would YOU do with 1 million AIR MILES reward miles? Leave your comments below.