Your Post-Subject -Removal Checklist
You just had the subjects removed from your offer to purchase; what's next?
- Choose a Lawyer or Notary to handle the conveyancing of your home purchase. If unsure as to who you should hire then ask your Realtor® for a list of recommended names.
- Ask your lawyer or notary what you should expect to pay for Closing Costs.
Also, be sure to ask them any general questions that you may have at that time.
- Ask your Realtor® to submit your "Offer to Purchase" to your lawyer or notary.
- Ask your Mortgage Broker to send the lender's mortgage instructions to your lawyer or notary.
- Call and arrange to have your Home Insurance coverage to take effect by 12:01am on the Closing Date.
- Call and arrange for a Moving Company well in advance of the Closing Date.
- Call and notify Utility Companies of your moving dates.
- Visit the local Post Office to make arrangements to forward all your mail to your new address.
- Meet with your lawyer or notary to sign all Closing Documentation.
- Meet your Realtor® at your new home to pick up the keys and move on in!
Jason Neumann is a sales representative with Century 21 Assurance Realty Ltd. in Kelowna, BC.
Posted by Jason Neumann
on May 6, 2010