Beverly Heights Real Estate Listings and Information
On an 1882 map of the Edmonton Settlement, the area of Beverly Heights was shown as River Lots 36, 38 and 40. The area’s population began to grow early in the 20th century when rich coal seams that lay beneath the soil were discovered and coal mining began. In 1913, the River Lots and land to the north were incorporated as the Village of Beverly. The village took its name from the Town of Beverly in Yorkshire, England. By 1914, when the village population reached 1,000, Beverly was incorporated as a town. The boundary line between Edmonton and Beverly was 50th Street. Until after WWII the fortunes of Beverly rose and fell with the successes and failures of the local coal industry. When the last mine was closed in 1952 Beverly’s population was 2,000.
For more information, click here