Central McDougall Real Estate Listings and Information
In 1912, Edmonton was in the midst of a real estate boom. The Hudson Bay Company, after having paved two miles of Portage (Kingsway) Avenue, offered parts of its large land holdings in Central McDougall for sale. Shortly thereafter, the boom collapsed and many subdivisions (including the Hudson Bay Reserve) lay vacant for years. By the 1950s most of Central McDougall was developed and by the 1960s it was being redeveloped. Many of the single-family homes south of 108 Avenue have been replaced with low rise apartments and commercial land uses have spread throughout the neighbourhood. The small amount of industrial land found in the blocks immediately north of the 105 Avenue properties is the result of the downtown warehouse district spilling over into the neighbourhood. Two schools and the hospital account for a large proportion of the institutional land in the neighbourhood. Central McDougall Community League was formed in 1923.
For more information, click here