Cloverdale Real Estate Listings and Information
From the turn of the century until the early 1980s, municipal and provincial governments have sought to protect the North Saskatchewan River Valley for the recreational enjoyment of Edmontonians. The City of Edmonton also recognizes that the river valley communities could play a vital role in the development of the city’s core. Cloverdale is situated along the south bank of the North Saskatchewan River near the centre of the city. Settlement of Cloverdale began in the 1870s when two farms were established. Most of today’s Cloverdale was annexed in 1907 by the Town of Strathcona and later became part of Edmonton when the two cities joined through amalgamation in 1912. By 1915 the neighbourhood was fully established with a school, stores, local industries and churches. Recreational open space has become the major land use in the neighbourhood, and beautiful Gallagher Park provides the stage for the annual Edmonton Folk Festival.
For more information, click here