Inglewood Real Estate Listings and Information
Inglewood is located on land owned, in 1882, by J. Norris Sr. and R. Logan. Norris was a Scottish-born Hudson Bay Company employee who became a wagon freighter, a saw mill operator and a partner in a local merchandising firm, Norris and Carey. The property, which was situated on the trail between St. Albert and Edmonton, was, until the 1920s, an area favoured by First Nations communities for campsites while they did their business in the City. The Inglewood area was annexed to Edmonton in two stages, in 1904 and 1920. Development in the area was spurred by the extension of the electric streetcar line to Alberta (118) Avenue via 124 Street in 1913. Street car service continued until 1948. Inglewood developed as a low density residential neighbourhood until the 1950s, but this began to change from the 1950s onwards. By 2006, low density residential units in Inglewood made up only 20% of units, while the greatest proportion on units are found in medium and higher density residential structures.
For more information, click here