Newton Real Estate Listings and Information
Impatient for Edmonton to grow, developers subdivided southern Newton before it was part of the City in the early 1900s. A booming Edmonton soon absorbed Newton through two annexations. The portion north of 123rd Avenue was annexed along with the town of North Edmonton in 1912, and southern Newton joined Edmonton a year later. Until Edmonton annexed the Town of Beverly and a large block of land to the northeast, 50th Street formed the boundary of both Newton and the City of Edmonton. Prior to 1947, the southeast portion of Newton formed a continuous block of development with the Town of Beverly, an old mining town.
For more information, click here