Overlanders Real Estate Listings and Information
Overlanders is one of three neighbourhoods located within the Hermitage plan area. In 1875 an Anglican minister, Canon William Newton, arrived in the Edmonton settlement and built his first church, a home and a hospital in an area he called the Hermitage. Reverend Newton’s home remained there for more than 25 years. During that time, the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway line formalized the area’s south boundary along the railroad right-of-way. Land in the Hermitage area was annexed to the City of Edmonton in 1961.
For more information, click here