Tawa Real Estate Listings and Information
Between 1876 and 1891 the Mill Woods area was settled, under treaty, by a Metis-Cree band led by John Papaschase. After 1891, when the Papaschase reserve was abandoned, the area became part of the ring of agricultural settlement surrounding the City of Edmonton. In 1970, concern over rising costs of serviced land prompted the Government of Alberta to assemble a land bank southeast of the City. In 1971, the City of Edmonton prepared a development plan and began purchasing the land from the Province. The area was named for the Mill Creek, which crossed it, and the groves of trees which stood there.
For more information, click here