Terrace Heights Real Estate Listings and Information
Terrace Heights is located on land identified by the first river lot and township surveys of the Edmonton Settlement as part of the River Lots 31 and 33 and a quarter section of land held by D. McLeod. McLeod was a Hudson Bay Company employee turned saw mill operator who, in 1883, pioneered regular weekly stage coach travel between Edmonton and Calgary. A plan of subdivision was first registered for the area, including the land overlooking Capilano Ravine, in 1912. At a distance of more than 3 kilometers from the centre of Edmonton, Terrace Heights developed slowly until it was annexed in two steps by the City of Edmonton in 1954 and 1959.
For more information, click here