RM Brokenhead, MB
The Rural Municipality of Brokenhead, located 60 kilometers East of Winnipeg on PTH #44, is named for the Brokenhead River which passes through the entire municipality. Brokenhead was incorporated in July, 1900 and is comprised of eight Townships, which encircle the Town of Beausejour. The economy of the area is diversified with a strong agricultural base complimented by a variety of industries such as quarries, food-processing, agri- cultural value-added and a wide range of commercial and service businesses.
For golfing and nature enthusiasts, the Rural Municipality of Brokenhead is the ideal place. There are two golf courses and numerous recreation parks situated along the Brokenhead River. The Rural Municipality offers camping facilities, snowmobile clubs, and many first class recreation and sports facilities that are shared with the Town of Beausejour. Visit the Garson Sportfishing Park that is open year-round and offers stocked fishing ponds as well as a bait and tackle shop.
The Rural Municipality of Brokenhead boasts some of the richest agricultural lands in Manitoba. A large portion of the land is devoted to wheat, canola, alfalfa, barley and oats.
The Unincorporated Village District of Tyndall is located within the Brokenhead boundaries. It is a residential settlement with an elementary school, curling rink, ball park and playground. Construction of the Tyndall Centennial Park began in 1991. This beautiful 7 acre park consists of a baseball diamond, a regulation soccer field, swings, slides and picnic tables.
The Tyndall Curling Club hosts bonspiels during the winter as well as other social functions. The Fraternal Order of Eagles are also active in Tyndall. They hold functions in the town to raise money to support various organizations. There are several businesses including a grocery store, several restaurants and two trucking firms in the Tyndall area.
Garson and Henryville are located in the Rural Municipality of Brokenhead. Garson is famous for the Tyndall Stone, found in the Gillis Quarries. Gillis Quarries, was founded in 1910 and has provided the famous fossil filled Tyndall stone used to build the Parliament Buildings in Ottawa, the Manitoba Legislature and many other well known buildings across Canada. This longest running dimensional stone quarry is a spectacular sight. While in Garson, you can do your grocery shopping and visit the Harvest Moon Cafe. The former St. Andrews Presbyterian Church in Garson is a designated Manitoba Heritage Site.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE RM OF BROKENHEAD Box 490, PR 302 & PTH #44 Beausejour, Manitoba, R0E 0C0 Phone: (204) 268-6700 / Fax: (204) 268-1504 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Property Search |
CENTURY 21 Directory Search |
Property Text Search |
CENTURY 21 Directory Text Search |
CENTURY 21 Blog |
About Us |
Contact Us |
Blog Terms and Conditions |
© 1999-2013 WhereToLive.com, Inc.