Seniors Housing & Lifestyles Expo
Are you starting to think about changing your environment? Do you have aging parents who have been talking about selling the family home because it is too much for them to care for? Perhaps they are considering moving to an apartment, a Condominium or an assisted living facility. This is often an emotional time for many.
Age & Opportunity Manitoba is putting on a Seniors Housing and Lifestyles Expo on Friday May 4th, 2012. The event is being held at the Victoria Inn, 1808 Wellington Ave in Winnipeg from 10am until 3pm. In years past there was a charge to attend this event, however this year Age & Opportunity is proud to offer free admission.
The program for the day includes a trade show, and free hearing tests. There are 6 sessions throughout the day:
1) Dr Richard Milgrom "Location, location, location, Housing Older Adults in Communities'
2) Susan Everton "Mature Driver Info Session"
3) Understanding Hoarding (part 1)
4) Nancy Folliott "There is no place like Home"
5) Understanding Hoarding (part 2)
6) Silvia Visintin "Facing Challenges - Today's Rental Market"
In between the sessions there will be greetings from Minister Rondeau; a comedian - Ruth Wiebe; and Belly Dancers of West End Center.
I am very excited to be taking part in this event for the first time! If you or someone you know is attending the event please feel free to stop by my display booth and enter to win our draw!
Posted by Rena Prefontaine
on May 1, 2012