Kentville Real Estate Listings and Information
Town of Kentville is centrally located in the beautiful Annapolis Valley, which is considered one of North America’s richest agricultural districts,along the scenic Evangeline Trail. Town of Kentville will mark its 125 year anniversary this year, 2011. To view all the Anniversary celebrations, go to http://www.kentville.ca/explorekentville_events_anniversary.cfm
Kentville has much to be proud of. It has a higher per capta ratio of professionals than any other place in Canada. With a downtown core of restaurants, pubs, cafes, a live theatre, museums and historic sites, it is also the centre of commerce and medicine. Kentville is seen as one of the most desirable places to live and work.
Kentville’s population, at 5,815 in 2006, has been steadily increasing over the years and recent projections are that future development of the town will see more increases,
Kentville celebrates the beginning of harvest season late spring with the Apple Blossom Festival with this year’s theme being “Our Blossoms, Our Families”. This year will be the 79th Apple Blossom Festival which brings in thousands of people from all over. The end of the harvest is celebrated with the annual Harvest Festival which is usually held the beginning of October with the famous “pumpkin people” again bringing thousands of visitors from afar.
The Kentville Agricultural Centre, also know as the Kentville Research Station, was created in 1911 to serve the apple industry of the Annapolis Valley . Sitting on 473 acres of land, the initial purpose was to develop and implement strategies for growing fruit. Officially opening on June 15, 1981, the present facility specializing in insecticides, fungicides and fertilizers, as well as fruit and vegetable genetics. The facility is considered one of the most modern and sophisticated research centres in Canada and houses the offices of Agriculture Canada and the Nova Scotia Department of Agriculture and Marketing. It has received national and international recognition in many areas, and welcomes visitors.
Town of Kentville is one of the largest towns in the Valley with a number of legal, financial, and medical services including:
- Atlantica Law Group
- Crown Attorney’s Office
- Department of Justice, Family Court Division
- Department of Justice, victims services Division
- Forse Nathanson
- Donald C. Fraser, Barrister
- Kings County Barristers Society
- Legal Assist
- MacMillan Wheeldon
- Manning & Associates
- Marion Hill Law Office & Mediation Service
- Muttart Tufts Dewolfe & Coyle
- Nova Scotia Legal Aid
- TMC Law
- Waterbury Newton
Five Major Banks including:
Other Financial Services:
- CIBC Wood Gundy
- Credit Counselling Services
- Dominion Leading
- Farm Credit Canada
- Grant Thornton
- Healy Financial Services
- Herritt Income Tax Ltd
- Herritt Mortgage Brokerage Ltd.
- Investors Group Financial Services Inc.
- Maynard Bent & Fagan
- National Bank Financial
- Nova Scotia Farm Loan Board
- R. L. Macdonald Investments Limited
- Salyzyn & Associates Ltd.
- Scotia McLeod
- Allen’s Motel
- Grand Street Inn Bed and Breakfast
- Sun Valley Motel
- Wickwire House Bed & Breakfast
- Kings Riverside
- Best Toyota
- Butts Auto Service
- Family Tire Limited
- Greg Hatt’s Auto Body & Collision Ltd.
- Griffin Sales & Service (1989) Ltd.
- Kentville Chrysler Dodge Jeep (2005) Ltd.
- Kentville Mazda
- Kings County Honda
- Par 4 Auto Sales Ltd.
- Robinson Supplies (1988) Ltd. (NAPA Auto Parts)
- Scott Slip Nissan
- Valley Ford Ltd.
- Valley Tire Ltd.
- Jehovah’s Witnesses
- Kentville Christian Reformed Church
- Kentville United Baptist Church
- Kingsway Assembly
- St. James Anglican Church
- St. Joseph’s Roman Catholic Church
- United Church of St. Paul & St. Stephan
Clubs & Associates:
- Annapolis Valley Labour Council
- Annapolis Valley Regional Library (hoping to open in its new location 2011)
- Atlantic Provinces Chambers of Commerce
- Canadian Auto Workers Local 2216
- Chrysalis House Association
- Eastern Kings Chamber of Commerce
- Glooscap Curling Club
- Kinsman Club of Kentville & District
- Royal Canadian Legion
- The Rotary Club of Kentville
- Travellers’ Club
- Valley African Nova Scotian Development Association
- Aldershot Elementary School
- Kings County Academy Construction of the new school is still on schedule. The estimated completion date for construction will be in March.
- Canadian Red Cross
- Kentville Police Service
- Kentville Volunteer Fire Department
- Valley Alarms Ltd.
- Valley Communications Inc.
Kentville is home for Valley Regional Hospital with lots of doctors, specialists in the Town for your medical needs.
- Clinic Pharmacy Ltd located in the same building as several specialists and doctors.
- Kentville Pharmasave
- Lawton’s Drug Store
- Cafe Central Inc.
- Designer Cafe
- Natalino Pizzaria
- Paddy’s Pub and Brewery/Rosie’s Family Restaurant
- Pizzazz Bistro
- Snack Shack
- CentreStage Theatre
- Kentville Centennial Arena – Holding family skate, hockey games and learning to figure skate.
- Kentville has a newly built indoor soccer field, Valley Sports and Events Centre.
- Two softball fields
- hard ball field which is home to the Kentville Wildcats
- swimming pools
- tennis courts
- little league field.
Kentville Community Blog
Recently Listed - View All
7366 No. 1 Highway Coldbrook, NS B4R1B9 $375,000 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Other
23 Mackinnon Court Kentville, NS B4R 5R7 $230,500 3 Beds 2 Baths 1,304 Sq Ft Bungalow
3 Fielding Avenue Kentville, NS B4N2T4 $209,900 3 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Other
7366 No. 1 Highway Coldbrook, NS B4R 1B9 $375,000 0 Beds 0 Baths 1,850 Sq Ft Retail
63 Alicia Boulevard Kentville, NS B4N4Y7 $264,900 4 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Other
3 Fielding Avenue Kentville, NS B4N 2T4 $209,900 3 Beds 2 Baths 1,728 Sq Ft Bungalow
63 Alicia Boulevard Kentville, NS B4N 4Y7 $264,900 4 Beds 2 Baths 2,776 Sq Ft Split Entry
9 Young Avenue Kentville, NS B4N2J1 $149,900 3 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Other
Lot 8 Nichols Avenue Kentville, NS B4N3V7 $178,500 3 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Other
Lot 7 Nichols Avenue Kentville, NS B4N3V7 $168,500 3 Beds 2 Baths 0 Sq Ft Other
Lot 6 Nichols Avenue Kentville, NS B4N3V7 $152,000 2 Beds 1 Baths 0 Sq Ft Other
9 Queens Court Kentville, NS B4N0G4 $300,000 4 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Other
Lot 5 Nichols Avenue Kentville, NS B4N3V7 $142,000 2 Beds 1 Baths 0 Sq Ft Other
45 Prospect Avenue Kentville, NS B4N2L7 $125,000 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Other
47 Prospect Avenue Kentville, NS B4N2L7 $30,000 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Other
9 Queens Court Kentville, NS B4N 0G4 $300,000 4 Beds 3 Baths 1,986 Sq Ft Side Split
448 Main Street Kentville, NS B4N1K8 $1,149,000 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Other
9 Young Avenue Kentville, NS B4N 2J1 $149,900 3 Beds 2 Baths 1,608 Sq Ft Bungalow
29 Main Street Kentville, NS B4N1J6 $1,188,888 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Other
64 Craig Drive Kentville, NS B4N5H2 $475,000 4 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Other
52 Anderson Boulevard Kentville, NS B4N5H2 $384,900 4 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Other
906 Scott Drive Kentville, NS B4N4B1 $354,900 4 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Other
49 Craig Drive Kentville, NS B4N5H2 $319,000 3 Beds 4 Baths 0 Sq Ft Other
24 Morris Crescent Kentville, NS B4N3V8 $318,000 4 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft 2-Level