Don Mills History ,Community and Landmarks
The Don Mills Area was first settled by Europeans in 1817.The area remained rural untill after the second world war. Only two roads connected to this area York Mills Rd and Don Mills Rd. In 1950 the area consisted of 20 farms.
Don Mills was designed as a model community between 1952 and 1966, Ranch style bungalows were some of the most common houses in Don Mills.
The local High School is the Don Mills Collegiate , which opened in 1952 , and one of the local elementary schools is Norman Ingram Memorial School locatd on Duncairin Rd.
Today one of the newest Landmarks in this community is The Shops at Don Mills ,There are 72 Shops in this mall, located at the corner of Lawrence Ave and Don Mills Rd on the site of the old Don Mills Center.
This is one of Toronto's Favorite communities to live in, lots of things to do and a great place to call home.
Posted by Joe Divita
on March 23, 2011