Nephton Real Estate Listings and Information
Nephton is a ghost town that began in 1935 when a Nepheline syenite mining operation was opened NE of Stoney Lake, Ontario in Havelock-Belmont-Methuen, Ontario on Route 6 in Peterborough County. The village grew right beside the mine site. According to a topo map dated 1976 it had about 25 buildings including a post office, a school and a library.
Every building in the village was removed by the late 1980's. Today all that remains is the mine and the mine's waste pond.
The village had 3 dirt lane ways (streets) which are now buried under the side of the nepheline waste pond on the east side of the road.
The title "Nephton" still exists as a directory in local phone books, however.