Lac St-Pierre Real Estate Listings and Information
Lac St-Pierre-de-Wakefield is located withtin the Municipality of Val-des-Monts approximately 35 kilometres from Ottawa/Gatineau.
This natural lake covers an area of 386 hectares. The lake has a maximum length of 6.8 kilometres, a maximum width of 0.8 kilometers and resembles an inverted "T".
The lake is one of the largest in the region offering all kinds of activities and amenities for both young and older residents and cottagers:
- 28 minutes to Wakefield where you will find many quaint stores, boutiques, restaurants and Ski Vorlage.
- 45 minutes to Ottawa and 35 minutes to Gatineau where you will find all your shopping and entertainment needs.
- 20 minutes to Edelweiss ski and golf.
- 10 minutes to the village of Poltimore with its churches, community centre, restaurant, and a Home Hardware building and lumber supplies store as good as any in the city.
- the fishing is great with many lakes and streams nearby.
From your dock, you have access by canoe or kayak to other large lakes in the area. You can follow the Blanche River (a stream at this point) for one km to McArthur Lake (also a fairly large lake). With a short portage, you can make your way to the biggest lake in the area - Grand Lake and, for the really adventurous, you could continue on to McGregor Lake and then further down the Blanche River to the Ottawa River.
Originally, the lake was strictly a cottage destination for residents from Ottawa and Gatineau. Today, it has a mixture of permanent homes and cottages and is a very desirable location.
For more information, please visit the lake association website: www.lacstpierre.ca