Open House Blitz - C21 Canada
How Trista Stranaghan will spend it:
"...by spending the day at the Brick shopping for a nice Theatre Room for our Family of 7 to enjoy!!! "
Congrats to our 2017 Open House Weekend Blitz Winner!
Trista Stranaghan of Grand Prairie, Alberta wins the $10,000 furniture shopping spree from the brick.ca.
Thanks Canada for making this the best Open House Blitz Weekend ever!
This Contest is only open to residents of Canada and is governed by Canadian law.
1. The C21 Canada Open House Blitz (hereinafter: the “Contest”) is held by Century 21 Canada Limited Partnership, 1199 West Pender St., Suite 700, Vancouver BC, V6E 2R1 (hereinafter: the “Organizer”). The Contest will start on May 6, 2017 at 6:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (hereinafter: “PST”) and closes on May 7, 2017 at 9:00 p.m. PST (hereinafter: the “Contest Period”).
2. This Contest is open to all residents of Canada, who have reached the age of majority in their Province or Territory of residence at the time of entry, except (i) employees, representatives and agents of the Organizer, the Charlwood Pacific Group or any of their affiliates (hereinafter: “C21 Group”); (ii) franchisees of the Organizer and all employees, agents and representatives of such franchisees; (iii) employees, agents and representatives of any advertising or promotional agency providing services to the C21 Group and the suppliers of prizes, materials or services related to this Contest, and (iv) immediate family members (father, mother, brothers, sisters, children), legal or common law spouse and anyone residing with any of the persons listed in (i), (ii) and (iii) above.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
3. No purchase necessary. To enter, the entrant must visit a participating open house organized by the Organizer during the advertised visiting hours during the Contest Period (hereinafter: the Open House) and completely and properly fill in the sign-in sheet that will be available at the Open House before the end of the Contest Period. By registering, each entrant fully and unconditionally accepts to be bound by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the Organizer or its representatives. The awarding of the Prize (defined below) is conditional upon the selected entrant satisfying all the requirements mentioned in these Contest Rules.
4. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person during the Contest Period.
5. There is one (1) prize (hereinafter: the “Prize”) to be won, which consists of a $10,000 furniture, home decor and mattress shopping spree at The Brick (appliances and electronics are excluded). More specifically, the winner will have to visit a Brick store or Brick’s online store (http://www.thebrick.com/) in order to identify the items that he/she would like to get as part of his/her Prize (hereinafter: the “Items”), and send an email to that effect by December 31, 2017 at firstname.lastname@example.org, which shall include his/her name, contact information (address and phone number), the delivery address (if delivery is possible) and all necessary identification information for the Items, namely the name and code of the Items as well as, if applicable, any additional information related to colour, material, dimensions and configuration. No change can be made to the list of Items after the email is sent. The total value of the Items before taxes cannot be higher than $10,000. If the total value of the Items before taxes is higher than $10,000, the winner must pay the difference between that value and $10,000 to The Brick, as well as applicable taxes on that difference. If the total value of the Items before taxes is lower than $10,000, the Organizer will not be bound to pay the difference to the winner, and the winner will be considered to have forfeited his/her right to the part of the Prize equivalent to that difference. If the winner fails to send his/her list of Items at the above-noted email address before December 31, 2017, he/she will lose his/her right to the Prize. The Items must be identified in a single email (for example, the winner cannot order $4,000 worth of Items in one email, and then $6,000 worth of Items in another email – in that case, only the order in the first email will be fulfilled and the winner will lose his/her right to claim the remaining $6,000). Applicable taxes on the total value of the Items (up to $10,000) are covered by the Organizer. The Brick will take care of delivering the Items without charge if the winner wishes that the Items be delivered to a location where The Brick delivers. For locations where The Brick does not deliver (including Newfoundland and Labrador, where there are no Brick stores), the winner has to send an email to the above-noted address to coordinate the delivery by other means (for example, Xpresspost or another courier service) or the pick-up of the Items at the nearest Brick store or distribution centre. Delivery fees and fees related to the pick-up of the Items by the winner would then have to be paid entirely by the winner. Delivery times vary depending on the delivery service. For Items delivered by The Brick, delivery time is usually less than a month. Only the Brick’s satisfaction guaranty applies to the Items (some exceptions apply – for details, see: http://www.thebrick.com/satisfaction-guarantee), and not its price guarantee or extended warranty. No representation or warranty is made regarding the availability of the Items selected by the winner.
The approximate retail value of the Prize is $10,000, plus applicable taxes.
6. The Prize will be attributed by random computer-generated draw from all eligible entries received. The draw will be held on May 30, 2017 at noon PST at 1199 West Pender St., Suite 700, Vancouver BC, V6E 2R1.
7. In the event that the selected entrant is not declared a winner for any reason (including but not limited to if the selected entrant is deemed ineligible, disqualified or has not complied with the terms of the Contest Rules to claim the Prize), the Organizer reserves the right in its sole discretion to randomly select further entrants from the remaining eligible entries until a winner is finally declared.
8. The name of the winner will be posted on www.century21.ca June 8, 2017.
ODDS OF WINNING
9. The odds of being selected depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
HOW TO CLAIM PRIZE
10. In order to be declared a winner and receive the Prize, the selected entrant will have to:
a) Be reached by email (using the email address provided by the entrant on the sign-in sheet) and acknowledge receipt of said selection notification email within thirty-six (36) hours from the date of receipt;
b) Correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, a time limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone;
c) Sign and return to the Organizer within two (2) days from the date of receipt a standard declaration and release form (hereinafter: the “Declaration Form”) confirming compliance with the Contest Rules, acceptance of the Prize as awarded, agreement not to defame or publish negative or disparaging comments regarding the Contest, the C21 Group or the suppliers of prizes, materials and services related to the Contest, and releasing the Organizer, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives including advertising and promotion agencies and suppliers of prizes, materials or services related to this Contest from all liability relating to the Contest.
11. Impossibility to reach the selected entrant by email, return of Prize notification email as undeliverable, failure to correctly answer the skill-testing question in the prescribed delay, failure to respond to the Organizer’s notification within the above prescribed delay, failure to return a signed copy of the Declaration Form within the above prescribed delays will result in disqualification of the selected entrant and forfeiture of his/her right to the Prize.
12. The selected entrant who is declared a winner will be contacted within two (2) days following the receipt by the Organizer of their duly signed copy of the Declaration Form.
13. If the selected entrant fails to comply with any of the terms and conditions of these Contest Rules, his/her random selection will be declared null and void and his/her right to the Prize will be forfeited.
14. The refusal of the selected entrant to accept the Prize or any part thereof as provided herein releases the Organizer from any obligation related to the Prize or any part thereof.
15. Entries are subject to verification by the Organizer or its representatives. Entries made under multiple identities or through the use of any device or artifice to enter multiple times will be deemed invalid and null. Entries which are incomplete, fraudulent, submitted late, that do not bear the correct contact information or that are otherwise not in compliance with the Contest Rules, will be automatically rejected and will not entitle the subject selected entrant to the Prize.
16. The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any person or cancel the entry of any person participating in this Contest or trying to participate by means contrary to these Contest Rules or in a manner which is unfair to the other entrants (e.g. entries exceeding participation limits, etc.). Moreover, prior to awarding the Prize, the Organizer will make appropriate verifications. If such verifications reveal that the selected entrant has not complied with the Contest Rules, that person will be disqualified and will not be entitled to receive the Prize. Such persons may be referred to the appropriate judicial authorities.
17. The Prize must be accepted as described in the present Contest Rules and cannot be transferred to another person, substituted for another prize or exchanged in whole or in part for money. However, in the event where, for reasons not related to the winner, the Organizer cannot award the Prize as described in these Contest Rules, it reserves the right to award a prize of the same nature and of equivalent or greater value or, at its sole discretion, the cash value of the Prize mentioned in these Contest Rules.
18. By participating, each entrant agrees:
(a) to be bound by these Contest Rules and by the decisions of the Organizer,
(b) to permit the Organizer to use his/her name, photograph, image, likeness, declarations related to the Prize or Contest, city of residence and/or voice for publicity purposes in any media, in any language, anywhere in the world, for an unlimited period of time, without any further compensation, and
(c) the selected entrant further agrees to sign and return to the Organizer a Declaration Form to this effect.
19. Any person who participates or attempts to participate in the Contest releases the Organizer, The Brick, their affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives including advertising and promotion agencies and suppliers of prizes, materials or services related to this Contest from any and all liability and any injuries, loss, damages, claims of any kind resulting from or arising from participation in the Contest or acceptance, use or misuse of the Prize.
20. The Organizer does not in any way guarantee that the Open House will be accessible without interruption during the advertised visiting hours throughout the Contest Period.
21. The Organizer, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives including advertising and promotion agencies and suppliers of prizes, materials or services related to this Contest disclaim all liability for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof, any error or for late, lost, stolen, illegible communications between entrants and Organizer.
22. The Organizer reserves the right, at its discretion, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec in Québec, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including for tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other cause beyond the control of Organizer which in the opinion of Organizer affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest. The Organizer, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives including advertising and promotion agencies and suppliers of prizes, materials or services related to this Contest cannot be held responsible to award more prizes than what is specified in these Contest Rules or award the Prize otherwise than in compliance with these Contest Rules.
23. All decisions of the Organizer or those of its representatives regarding this Contest are final and binding, subject to any decision by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec in relation to matters under its jurisdiction.
24. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the entrant will be deemed to be the person identified on the sign-in sheet.
25. For Québec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of the Prize may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. 26. Unless otherwise specified, all amounts mentioned in the Contest Rules are in Canadian Dollars and do not include applicable taxes.
27. No communication or correspondence related to this Contest shall be exchanged with entrants except as provided for in the present Contest Rules or at the Organizer’s initiative.
28. If a section of the Contest Rules (or part thereof) is declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent court, that section shall be considered invalid, but all unaffected sections (and parts thereof) will be applied within the limits of the law.
29. In case of any discrepancy between the French and English versions of these Contest Rules, the English version shall prevail.
30. This contest is managed by Century 21 Canada Limited Partnership. The Brick is in no way connected to the management of the Contest, and the Organizer is not an agent of The Brick.
31. Please direct any questions, comments regarding the Contest to Century 21 Canada Limited Partnership, 1199 West Pender St., Suite 700, Vancouver BC, V6E 2R1.