Many people want to know what the secret is to getting the most out of their property and to appeal to most consumers looking for real estate today.
1. Paint the interior! Most buyers appreciate a good fresh coat of paint and this will help enhance your properties value. It will also help brighten the rooms giving a new clean appearance. Stay away from bold and bright colors and focus more on lighter and softer earth tones. This will also help make the rooms feel larger and appeal to a broader group of potential buyers.
2. Paint the outside! Curb appeal is extrememly important. Create that first impression and leave potential buyers with a fabulous mental canvas of a warm, inviting and well cared for home. Save time and hire a professional painter to paint the exterior. They will prepare the home properly, removing any peeling paint, cleaning the surface and recoat it with a fresh layer and color.
3. Pick Up Any Outside Debris, Trash or Clutter! First impressions make a huge impact on potential buyers. Should your property have unwanted clutter at the initial greeting to consumers, it will not help in the marketing and selling of your home. A few hard hours of raking, cleaning and picking up odds and ends could add “thousands” to the final sale price.
4. Reduce Extras Odds and Ends From Your Home! Rooms with too much furniture or decorations can often detract from the features you are trying to highlight. Usually too much décor can make the rooms look smaller and hurt your chances of selling. Store excess furniture or items that you can do without during the marketing stage of your property. Your goal is to make your property look spacious and comfortable. Think about how neat a showhome is.
5. Be sure and Open Blinds and Draperies! Natural light is a huge selling feature. Light will help give your home a warm and inviting feeling and potential home owners are looking for that perfect home that gives them those warm fuzzies!
6. Avoid Playing Music! Although you may like the music playing in the background it can be a deterrent to the agent and buyers while looking at your home. Keep music off while your home is being shown.
7. Price Your Property Right from the Beginning! Many buyers take the approach and attitude that they can always come down on price. This can be a bad thing to do. Many buyers feel if a home has been listed for a long time that there is something wrong with it. Most agents will tell you that the best activity occurs during the first two to three weeks of the listing date. After a few weeks the activity will begin to taper off and showings will cease. If your home is priced incorrectly from the beginning it will not get a lot of showings and the longer your home is on the market the more buyers will feel that it’s tainted or something’s wrong. Price your home right at the beginning to help get the most activity and a quicker sale.
8. Have Your Carpets Cleaned! It’s a good idea to have your carpets cleaned or your hardwood floors polished or waxed. This is normally not too expensive and can usually add a lot of appeal to potential buyers.
9. Hire a Staging Company! If possible hire a staging company to help show you ways to maximize room appeal and value to your residence. Many real estate firms have a staging company or people on staff who can aid in this service. Feel free to ask me about how I can help with staging too.
10. Purchase New Linens and Towels for Bathrooms! This can help in giving a new appearance to your bathrooms. White towels will show best. Otherwise stay neutral and light.
CALL ME to list your home efficiently and quickly. I will be there to help you every step of the way from all the preparation including staging your home for the most amount of money in the least amount of time. Turning design into dollars for you! Aaron Moss 250-863-6700