Spring is here and while most of us like to focus on the raking and the flower beds, here are some ideas on how to get the most out of your time and energy. Whether preparing your home for sale or just keeping up with your home maintenance, spring is the ideal time for home owners to catch up on cleaning projects.
Here are some basic spring cleaning tips to get you from start to finish:
- Make a plan and stick to it
- Set achievable goals and timelines
- Complete one goal at a time, do not try and tackle everything at once and complete nothing
- Often less is more. If you don’t need it or want it GET RID OF IT. Have a yard sale, list it online or donate it to charity.
Here are some spring cleaning tips that will help you sell your home.
- Curb appeal is extremely important; buyers will be spending time outside looking at the exterior of your house and the property. Show them you take pride in your well maintained lawn, trimmed hedges and edged walkways. Buyers are driving by day and night
- Pay attention to the small details; put away the recycling bins, bikes, rakes and shovels, etc.
- Power wash your driveway, walkways, siding and deck. This may take a weekend tops but makes a huge difference in how a prospective buyer will view the way you maintained your home
- Detail the windows inside and out and keep them spotless. As a REALTOR® I can tell you it is something we always look at to determine the age and efficiency of the windows
- Do a walkthrough of your home with a critical eye and take note of things you should fix; look for nail holes, issues with light & electrical covers, loose or damaged door knobs and/or closet tracks, touch up paint. Inexpensive items that if not repaired make a buyer question how well you maintained your home.
- Remove any and all clutter. A buyer needs to be able to picture themselves and their furniture in “their new home”. This includes closets and storage space, while inconvenient prospective buys are looking to buy that space as well and cannot visualize the space if its full
Adrian King Sale Representative Century 21 United Realty Inc.
705 559 7297