Becoming Licensed to Sell Real Estate in Manitoba
New Salespersons must complete a four-module program and meet regulatory requirements in order to be registered by The Manitoba Securities Commission as a salesperson and be employed by a real estate brokerage firm. This program represents a concerted effort by both the Manitoba government and the real estate profession to ensure that real estate salespeople enter the field of real estate with a professional level of technical and practical competence.
The licensing education course leading to registration as a salesperson is entitled Real Estate as a Professional Career. The course consists of four modules that must be successfully completed in sequence within 16 months from the original course start date of Module 1. Students must pass an examination with a grade of not less than 70 per cent at the end of each module, before proceeding to the next.
For additional general information, go here.
Students completing the four modules of Real Estate as a Professional Career may register as a salesperson with The Manitoba Securities Commission (MSC). An application for registration as a salesperson, signed by the employing broker, must be made to the MSC within six months of successfully completing Module 4.
Becoming Licensed And Employment
The registration requirements for a salesperson under The Real Estate Brokers Act:
- Successfully complete all four modules of MREA’s pre-Likening sales course.
- Be employed by a registered broker/real estate firm in Manitoba.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be a permanent resident of Canada. If you are not a Canadian citizen, you must provide documentary evidence showing that you are entitled to work in Canada.
- Have a good past record of financial responsibility and conduct.
- Submit the prescribed forms and pay the current registration fee. Individuals who have a previous criminal conviction may be ruled unfit for registration by The Manitoba Securities Commission. Anyone in doubt is advised to contact The Manitoba Securities Commission at 204-945-2562
For more information please contact:
Manitoba Real Estate Association
1873 Inkster Blvd. Winnipeg, Manitoba R2R 2A6
Phone: (204) 772-0405 for all staff members.
Toll Free: 1-800-267-6019