When it comes to finding spaces to get outdoors and be healthy Red Deer has a lot to offer. Red Deer boasts an extensive trail system that winds its way through out Red Deer, its parks and of course the serene and scenic river valley. You could run down the sidewalk or take your bicycle to the streets but with trails leading north, south east and west you can take a more quieter and scenic route.
Be sure to check out the City of Red Deer's online parks trail guide here. It offers suggestions on using the path system on bikes, running, rollerblading and even cross country skiing.
If your looking for a workout to stay fit and healthy and running or cycling are not on your "to do" list, be sure to check out one of the many work out stations or the "Outdoor Gyms" through out Red Deer.
There are ten outdoor gym facilities in Red Deer:
- Victoria Park /Anders corner of Allan Street and Ayers Drive
- Oriole Park 5204 Kerrywood Drive
- Barrett Park 4725 43 Street (next to Kinex)
- Glendale Park corner of Glendale Boulevard and Greig Drive
- Primary Care Network Office 5136 47 Street
- Bower Place 460 Barrett Drive
- Mountview 4316 32 Street
- Riverside Meadows 5616 Kerry Wood Drive
- Rosedale 2 Rowland Street
- Johnstone Crossing 105 Jenner Crescent
Take to a trail this week and let us know where and how you enjoyed it.
Patrick on Twitter: @pgalesloot