When Buyers are viewing multiple homes trying to find their dream home what is it that sparks their interest?
When putting your home up for sale, you will want it to make the best impression possible. Potential home buyers that might be interested in purchasing your house may come to view your property-and when they do, you want to be ready for them.
Think about the impression your house would give a potential buyer from the moment that they enter through the front door. While small touches like bowls of fresh fruit or fresh cut flowers can add to ambiance and appeal, many other things can be done to give a good impression.
- Is your furniture the right fit for the size of the rooms in your house? Oversized furniture can make a large room appear to be smaller, and sometimes, the placement of furniture can make a difference too.
- Replace burned out light bulbs, so that rooms are brighter and more inviting. You may also consider removing heavy drapes to brighten a room. Make sure that curtains and blinds are opened up when potential home buyers come to view your house.
Professionals in Home Staging may be something to consider when putting your home up for sale, and help you to achieve the impression that you are looking for.
Homes that are clean show well. You wouldn’t want potential buyers feeling uncomfortable walking through a home that is untidy or not cleaned.
Before showing your home, make sure that you tidy up, pare down nick-knacks and give your home a deep clean. If timelines are tight, have a cleaning service come in to do the job for you.
Using the right professional for the job can make all of the difference through the process of selling your home.
Homes that are well-maintained do not go unnoticed. The spaces in our homes get used every day. If potential home buyers notice wear and tear, it may put them off. This could make them feel like they would have to do a lot of work to do before they are able to move into, or buy your home.
Before you list your home for sale consider:
- loose kitchen cupboard hinges, loose closet doors and toilet seats, which may need to be fixed.
- Make sure that tile work is intact, and has healthy grout that is not chipped or stained. Replace tiles that may be cracked or chipped.
- If light switch plates or electrical outlet plates are missing, replace those too.
These are just a few suggestions, but there are many more. Try to walk through your home as a potential home buyer and look for things that might need some work or to be maintained.
There are many things to consider when getting your home ready for sale. A Professional REALTOR® can help you every step of the way. This includes having resources like other industry professionals such as Home Stagers, Contractors, House Cleaners and Mortgage Professionals (to name a few) on hand to help get your house ready to sell and on the market.