Old Man Winter is upon us once again,with a vengeance and Utility bills seem to get higher and higher every year. Here are some easy tips to make your home more energy efficient.
1.Get a home energy survey from your local utility. Many will do a free analysis of your home and provide specific ways to save money on your bill.
2. Replace old furnaces and air conditioners with newer ones that are more energy efficient.
3. Install programmable thermostats.
4. Swap light bulbs for compact fluorescent bulbs bearing Energy Star label.
5. Air dry dishes
6. turn off lights and ceiling fans when you leave a room.
7. Turn off computers and TV's when they are not being used.
8. Plug home electronic devices into power strips and turn them off when the equipment is not being used. These devices often have a "Standby" mode that uses power even when they are off.
9.Install a lowflow head on your shower
10. Opt for showers, not baths.
11. Only run the washer or dishwasher with full loads.
12. Purchase appliances that have the Energy Star label
These tips can help you lower your energy use up to 25%. That will not only save you money now, but reduced utility bills could also help you command a higher price for your home when you sell.
If you are thinking of selling your home, talk to me today! It would be my pleasure to help you onto the path of your dream home.
Cheers to a Happy ,Healthy and Safe Winter. Embrace Old Man Winter! Get out and Enjoy all He has to offer in our Wonderful Georgian Triangle!