Here are the top 5 things that may scare potential buyers off:
- It is vital for sellers to make their home attractive to potential buyers. If you decided to list your property, consult with your Realtor to determine a fair and accurate price. If competition has a home with a considerably lower list price, your property will most likely remain on the market.
- Curb appeal is crucial. The facade of your home should be inviting. Do this by removing clutter from the yard, freshen up the landscaping & entryway. Make sure the walkway to home is not hazardous eg. cracks in the concrete/pavement or sidewalk. Proper exterior lighting is essential as some of the showings may be in the evening.
- Don't have offensive odours in your home eg. smoke, pet or strong food odours for showings. Potential buyers will quickly leave rather than stay and look around.
- Eliminate clutter. This makes it easier for the buyer to imagine their furnishings in your home. Excessive furniture, trinkets, family pictures, toys,etc. will detract from the actual living space.
- Remember - everyone appreciates a CLEAN house. Stains, dirt, fingerprints, dust, laundry will likely send buyers to the next home on their list.