Getting Your House Ready To Sell - Part 1 - Curb Appeal
When selling your house you might think the number one thing to worry about is how the interior of your home looks. The interior is very important, however, a potential purchaser will make their first impressions on how the exterior of the house looks. You want to make a good first impression.
First things first, do any necessary repairs to the exterior of the house. When doing repairs to any part of your home it is always wise to hire a professional to ensure it's done right.
Now that you have the repairs done you can focus on your curb appeal. With Spring in full swing and Summer approaching, the flowers and trees are coming into full bloom!
But wait! Don't plant all those bright colored flowers in the garden just yet. Not everyone has a green thumb and might be turned away by a big, beautiful garden.
Consider these points to up your curb appeal:
- Low maintenance landscaping.
- Consider a few small trees or shrubs. (depending on the size of your yard)
- Instead of planting flowers in the ground plant them in pots that can be easily removed.
- Keep your lawn mowed and free of any debris.
- Make the front entrance of your home feel welcoming. Put a mat in front of the door and if there is stairs or a patio make sure there is railing for a sense of security.
Keep all this in mind when working on your curb appeal and you will definitely make a good first impression!