The City of Edmonton will host the world-class Tour of Alberta professional cycling race on Tuesday, September 3.
With the great weather we are expecting, this should be a wonderful opportunity to get out a view some of the world's best cyclists in our own back yard.
During the event some downtown streets will be closed so plan accordingly! So access into & out of the core will be best achieved on foot, bicycle, or LRT, as the following road closures will be in place:
• Grierson Hill Closed - 5:15 to 9 pm
• River Valley Road Closed - 5:15 to 9 pm...
• Walterdale Hill and Bridge Closed - 6 to 8:30 pm
• 97 Street Closed - 5:15 to 9 pm
• 101 Street Closed - 5:15 to 9 pm
• 107 Street Closed - 3:30 to 9 pm
• 96 Avenue / 100 Street (Rossdale Area) Closed - 2 to 8:30 pm
• 102 Avenue / 102A Avenue Closed - 5:15 to 9 pm
Once the race has begun, departure from the downtown core for motorists will only be available via southbound McDougall Hill. Motorists are advised to expect MAJOR delays on all roadways from 82 Street to 112 Street, and 82 Avenue to 107 Avenue.
Visit Tour of Alberta to learn more about the Tour of Alberta race or http://goo.gl/maps/gauJ6 to view a map of the road closures.