The ecoENERGY Retrofit - Homes Program Step-By-Step
If you're thinking about taking advantage of the government's extension of the ecoENERGY Retrofit - Homes program, which runs until March 31st, 2012, there are a few steps to qualify for claiming reimbursements.
1) Registration: First, get a registration number from Natural Resources Canada
2) Pre-Retrofit Evaluation: Hire a NRCan licensed Energy Advisor for an "attic to foundation" pre-retrofit energy evaluation.
3) Determine which specific improvements are eligible.
4) Keep the Retrofit receipts: The more of the recommended upgrades you implement, the more energy you'll save. Plus, the more money you'll qualify to get back (up to $5,000)
5) Post-Retrofit Evaluation: Complete your renovation and get a post-retrofit evaluation no later than March 31st, 2012. You must show all receipts to your Energy Advisor to validate that you purchased and installed eligible upgrades after June 6th, 2011, and after the date of the "pre-retrofit evaluation".