While the states of New York, Florida and California were expected to be at the top of the list of U.S. visitors to REALTOR.ca, the interesting addition to the top four list was Texas. While purely speculative, it is possible that this is a reflection of the continued growth of the oil and gas sector in Western Canada and large energy projects in this industry across the country.
The heat map was developed from visitor data that comes from Google Analytics and is for the period of January to June (2012 and 2013). Also included are engagement stats, such as “Emails to REALTOR®” and “REALTOR® Searches.”
To complement the heat map, we learned from our 2013 Membership Survey that:
- Roughly three out of every 10 REALTORS® from Canada have worked with international clients in the past 12 months.
- Almost 40% of the properties purchased by international clients have sold for over $500,000.
- Clients from the United States and China account for 36% of International clients for REALTORS® in Canada.
In addition, did you know that:
- REALTOR.ca has more than 350,000 active listings, on average, at any given time?
- REALTOR.ca provided more than one million leads last year to REALTORS® in Canada?
- Since 2010, the number of visits to REALTOR.ca from the U.S. has grown by more than 54%?
As Canada’s number one real estate website, we are always striving to improve the user experience of REALTOR.ca and the ability for visitors to find relevant properties in their searches. This includes ensuring that we are meeting the needs of our members’ international clients.