There are many things to consider before buying a home. Deciding what you want, what you can afford and what to look for will increase your chances of finding the right place. The following list is a starting point to help you find your dream home.
- How much can I afford?
- What is available in the areas that I like?
- Will I be having kids/expanding my family or am I downsizing in the near future?
- Do I consider something that I need right now or look ahead to the future?
- What would be the cost to maintain the home?
- How much storage space do I need?
- How much square footage do I need?
The last point regarding square footage is an important one. Square footage is an essential thing to consider when buying a home. It helps establish the property value and therefore its price. Knowing what you want and need in a home is important. When looking at homes, know the square footage ahead of time to help add or remove properties from your list of possible options. There are multiple standards when measuring a home’s square footage…always find out and understand how it was determined.
Information courtesy of teldon.com