If you've got an offer on your home, and you have a home inspection coming up, it can be a bit unnerving, as you don't know what the inspector might be looking for. Here's some tips as to ways you can prepare your home, so it passes with flying colors!
- change the furnace filter so it's nice & clean - and if you've had it serviced recently and it has a sticker to prove it, that's even better!
- make sure light bulbs all work and areas that the inspector needs to see are well lit
- move things that may be blocking the furnace, hot water tank, access hatch, under sink plumbing, etc so they are easily accessible
- fix any loose handles, leaky toilets, dripping faucets, etc so they don't get mentioned in the report
- make sure your railings are solid/secure and not wobbly
- clean out your gutters
- trim plants/trees that may be too close to the house
- leave notes for the inspector if there's things in your home that are quirky or unique to figure out how to operate
Do these things, and you can rest easy! And before you know it, there will be a SOLD sign on your home! If you're a potential seller and looking to start this process, I'd love to help ~ Call me at (250)878-1920 and we can get the ball rolling!