Well…it’s that time of year again believe it or not!! It seems the holidays come up quicker and quicker each year. Some people are probably already dusting off their Christmas decorations while others may wait until closer to the big day to start to decorate. Selling your home during the holidays can be tricky. While some people think it’s the worst time of year to sell, it can work to your advantage. You want to still be able to decorate with all your favorite Christmas decorations but it is important to try and not go overboard. Here are some home decorating tips to get your home SOLD during the most wonderful time of the year!!
- Decorate but be careful not to over decorate inside your home ~ With too many decorations your home can seem cluttered, overwhelming and turn off potential buyers. Don’t cover up selling features of your home with decorations such as the fireplace mantle. Keep it fun yet simple and tasteful!! Less is more!!
- Don’t overpower with strong smells ~ We all love to light our holiday scented candles or plug in our favorite scents but it’s important not to allow the different smells to over power your home because it can turn buyers off or they may think you are trying to hide something!!
- Don’t overprice!! ~ With potentially less people looking to make a move this time of year it’s important to price your home competitively so it doesn’t sit on the market.
- Curb appeal ~ Make sure to keep the snow shoveled, sidewalks de-iced or anything to capture the buyer’s attention in a good way as soon as they pull up to your home.
- Keep the heat turned on~ we all look for ways to save money but it’s important to keep your home at a warm temperature. This way when Buyer’s walk in they are greeted by a warm and cozy feeling where as if it’s cold they want to rush to leave so they can warm up again in their cars!!
One thing to remember no matter what time of year you are selling that first impressions are the impressions that last. Always keep your home in show home condition, don’t over decorate and give your home the warm and cozy feeling so potential buyers don’t want to leave!!