Home Buying Heats Up Over the Summer Months
Vancouver, BC – August 14, 2014. The British Columbia Real Estate Association (BCREA) reports that a total of 8,493 residential sales were recorded by the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) in July, up 11 per cent from July 2013. Total sales dollar volume was $4.65 billion, an increase of 13.8 per cent compared to a year ago. The average MLS® residential price in the province rose to $547,926, up 2.5 per cent from the same month last year.
“Strong consumer confidence continues to drive a summer rally of home sales,” said Cameron Muir, BCREA Chief Economist. “While sales were up in all but one BC real estate board area, the Okanagan has posted a meteoric rise in consumer demand, with the most home sales on record for the month of July.”
“Overall market conditions remain in relative balance in BC,” added Muir, “however, relatively fewer homes for sale have created sellers’ market conditions in some communities."
Year-to-date, BC residential sales dollar volume was up 24.5 per cent to $28.5 billion, compared to the same period last year. Residential unit sales were up 17.2 per cent to 50,376 units, while the average MLS® residential price was up 6.2 per cent at $565,031.
Information Supplied by Bill Hubbard
Summer Housing Market in the Shuswap
- August 26, 2014
CENTURY 21 Executives Realty Ltd.
- BC Farmland (1)
- Best city, Salmon Arm, Best Place to Retire, real estate, Cosens Team (1)
- Best community to retire (1)
- Energy savings (1)
- Good Investment (1)
- House inspection (1)
- House Maintenance? (1)
- kitchens & bathroom most expensive (1)
- Local Housing Market (3)
- Local Attractions (1)
- Market Reports and Conditions (8)
- Quality (1)
- Renovations (2)
- Salmon Top in Canada to retire (1)
- Shuswap Sales Prices up 15% (1)
- Shuswap Water Front Marina, Waterfront Development, Development Opportunity (1)
- Shuswap, Salmon Arm, Okanagan Real Estate Current Market (1)
- Staging, Higher Price, colour accects, drawing focal point, quicker sale (1)
- Summer Housing Market (1)
- understanding Real Estate (2)
- Updating (2)