Happy Holidays to everyone in the world!
As for us in North America, winter season is here, to save money on your gas bills, here are seven tips that I found online.
- Dodge the Draft : this prevent drafts from coming in underneath the doors. ( drafts can waste from 5%- 30% of your energy use).
- Change Furnace Filters: By changing the furnace filter, it will help improve the air flow in the house.
- Run Fans in Reverse: Counterclockwise rotation produces cooling breezes while switching to clockwise makes it warmer: air pooled near the ceiling is circulated back into the living space. This will cut the cost by 10%!
- Winterize Your A/C and Water Lines: Make sure to drain out all the fluid in the A/C hoses, and shut off the water valve.
- Turn Down Your Water Heater: Lowering the temperature to 120 degrees F (or lower) would reduce your water heating costs by 6% to 10%.
- Install Storm Doors and Windows: Installing a storm door can increase energy efficiency by 45%, by sealing drafts and reducing air flow.
- Give Your Heating System a Tune-Up : Keeping your furnace clean, lubricated and properly adjusted will reduce energy use, saving up to 5% of heating costs.