As many of us have noticed some homes sell quickly while some linger on the market for a long time, some homes sell more than the asking price while others have to be reduced a bit to make them sell. So, what makes a Home sell in the first place? There is a lot of factors that affect the sale of a Home and most prominent of them are as follows;
- Listing Price: The listing price of a Home is what brings in the prospective buyers to come and a look on the house. a Property listed close to its market value gets a better response in terms of showings and offers which ultimately leads to a favorable sale. Always consider what prices the houses are sold for in your neighborhood when deciding your listing price.
- Seller's Motivation: This is the most important factor and needs to be taken seriously. Listing your home just to try out the market might not get you the same results compared to when you have to sell to make a move to another place.
- Condition of Home: A home that shows well also sells well is a great saying. Homes that need small or big repairs or which have a lot of stuff leads to all kinds of problems. Most buyers like propeties that are ready to move in and top notch condition. Also keeping it clean and clutter free makes the space look open and appealing to the buyers.
- Location: Homes situated close to schools, transit, highways, malls and other local amenities normally get a much better response among buyers. It also depends how these benefits are being marketed and promoted with the property.
- Proper Marketing and Exposure: For any product to get good value, it has to be marketed to appropriate target buyers and same is true for homes also. A Professional Real Estate Agent would know how to determine the target market for your property and how to provide it a good exposure so that it remains in the top of mind of Buyers.
Are you Thinking of Selling? Feel free to visit Home Selling section on my website:
OR contact me at 416-220-6000 to get your FREE Home Evaluation done.