If you are selling your home, you obviously want to make it show it's best in order to receive the best price for your investment. However is it possible to "over improve" your house? Simply put, Yes! There is a balance between upgrades and the ability to re-coupe the bulk of your improvement costs.
However if your home's decor is dated and the walls are in rough condition, one of the easiest home improvements you can do is to paint. A fresh coat of paint gives you the ability to create a neutral canvas for potential buyer's plus freshen up and transform the look of your home. The cost for supplies needed is often $100 or less per room. This is amazing bang for your buck and helps your home show it's best.
What other home improvements make sense?
- Carpet cleaning
- Yard maintenance
- Repair simple things around the home - tackle the "honey do list"
- Update your lighting fixtures
- Clean and stage your deck or outdoor spaces
- Clean your windows both inside and out
- Inexpensive kitchen upgrade- replace cabinet hardware, paint or resurface your current cabinets for a fresh look
- De-clutter and de-personalize
If you are planning a major renovation, do it while you are living in the home and can enjoy it!
Do you have questions about the Real Estate market or about preparing your home for sale? I am always here to help you or the people that you care about.
Want to know what your home is worth in the Okanagan Real Estate market place? Contact me for your complimentary home Market Analysis. email@example.com