A home isn't simply a structure with floors, walls and ceilings. Your home is a place of laughter, comfort and security. It is commonly a place where children play and memories are made. Finding the right home is like finding a partner with which to share the most important moments of your life with.
The average person will live in a home 5 - 7 years before they buy and move again. Buying your first home? Don't make these mistakes...
- Not getting pre-qualified for a Mortgage: Pre-qualify with a broker of your choice, this can save you hours of searching for homes in the wrong price range or worse.
- Not shopping for Mortgage terms: Rates are negotiable! Banks will sharpen their pencils to get your business. The time spent can save you thousands of dollars over the life of the mortgage
- Not getting Professional inspections: Nobody wants to purchase a home only to find out later there are defects, latent or otherwise. You may be able to negotiate the purchase price to cover required repairs.
- Not using a Professional Real Estate agent: Your agent can help make a purchase with the least amount of problems and ensure that the price you pay is market value.
- Not knowing the full cost of home buying: Know all the costs associated with your purchase such as legal fess, transfer taxes, new home landscaping, fencing, appliances etc.
If you are interested in buying or selling real estate in Kelowna or the Okanagan, contact me for more tips and professional advice.