If you are looking to sell your home quickly, staging does help! What is home staging? "Home Staging is the act of preparing a private residence for sale in the real estate market place. It is a systematic and coordinated methodology in which knowledge of real estate, home renovations and creative principals are applied to attract a buyer." (prep this house)
When a potential buyer is coming to view your house, you want them to remember the home and that first impression is the key! They need to see your home as a blank canvas for their own possessions and lifestyle.
Whether you are going to use a Stager or DIY, the first place to start is to declutter; sort and simplify! Less is more when it comes to decorating.
Here are some quick tips from the Pro's
- "A place for everything and everything in it's place"; find a logical space to store items that you keep. Utilize storage solutions like shelves and stackable bins.
- Make the most of your closet space by adding shelving, shoe racks, hanging organizers; there are many budget friendly storage solutions that can be bought at your local hardware store and installed yourself.
- Keep items that are infrequently used or that are seasonal in labeled storage bins in your garage, crawl space or basement.
- Go through all your items that you own and place them into groups: keep, sell or donate. A garage sale is a great way to remove those items that you no longer need, or donate to Big Brothers/Sisters, Salvation Army or other worthy charities in your area. You can recycle your electronics for free at many local recycling depots.
- Rome wasn't built in a day so don't feel like you need to do it all in a day; tackle it room by room until you are done.
- If you haven't worn or used an item in over a year, you need to consider selling or donating it.
- File or recycle your paperwork as soon as you are done with it.
When it comes to selling your home quickly and for top dollar, presentation matters! I am a Realtor that offers home staging.
Want to know what your home is worth in this market? For more information or more tips on selling or buying homes contact email@example.com