Spring cleaning is typically on the top of many home owners to do lists, but what about fall cleaning?
Fall cleaning is as every bit important! Regular care and maintenance of your home through all the Canadian seasons will ensure that your home will be safe from costly repairs for many years to come.
Fall Maintenance checklist
- Clean all gutters and downspouts to prevent damage to your roof, siding or soffits.
- Check roof for any loose or damaged tiles/shingles as well as flashings, snow or water is sure to sneak it's way in!
- Check windows for cracks; caulk or install weather stripping; check your doors as well.
- Winterize underground irrigation systems by having them turned off and the lines blown out.
- Prevent freezing of exterior water pipes by turning off the valves to your exterior hose bib, remove your hose and store it for the winter.
- Have your home furnace inspected and replace furnace filters.
- Make it a habit to check your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Trim dead branches and clean out your flower beds.
- Rake or mulch dead leaves; leaves left on the grass over the winter can kill the grass below.
- Fall is a great time to aerate your lawn, top dress it, seed it and fertilize; you will be sure to start the spring with the best looking grass on the block.
Did you know? Many hardware stores in your area such as Home Depot and Rona rent equipment like aerators and air compressors?
If you have questions about buying, selling or investment in Real Estate contact me firstname.lastname@example.org