1. Visit local parks and recreation centres in your new area to give kids an opportunity to meet new friends.
2. Stick to a normal routine as much as possible on days leading up to and following the move.
3. Unpack the kids rooms first.
4. Talk to the kids about their feelings on the move and help them collect email addresses/phone numbers from friends in their old neighborhood so they can stay in touch.
5. Take lots of photos of your old house and neighborhood and plan a goodbye party with all of your