When it comes to buying or selling a home, we understand the importance of getting to know your REALTOR® as more than just a professional. Our “Meet a REALTOR®” series introduces the hard-working people of Century 21 Bachman & Associates, and provides a personal look at each of us as residents of our community. For our first installment, we spoke with Alison O'Toole about what it means to live and work as a REALTOR® in Winnipeg & the surrounding area.
1) How long have you lived in Winnipeg?
"All My Life"
2) Why did you choose to settle here?
"My father migrated to Canada from Trinidad and lived in 4 provinces before settling into Winnipeg. He thought Winnipeg was the most diverse and welcoming city to live. I have a big,close family and couldn't imagine not seeing them regularly."
3) What is your favorite thing about living in Manitoba?
"Hands down, all the festivals throughout the year, the different restaurants, entertainment and I have mentioned our hot summers."
4) What makes Manitoba different than any other province to live?
"The affordability for housing and the investment opportunities."
5) Tell us a few of your favorite activities to do or places to visit in the area?
"My husband and I enjoy going for dinner and meeting up with friends at a pub or lounge. We live in Osborne Village, so dining and shopping go "hand in hand" in this area. We are within a 2 minute walk from about 30 restaurants,patios,lounges with live bands and less than a $8 cab ride to downtown."
6) Tell us one thing you love about working in the real estate industry and why?
"Meeting new people. Many of my clients have also become great friends and it's only natural to want what's best for the people you care about. It's starting a relationship on trust."
7) How has technology helped you as a REALTOR®?
"In many ways.To name just one, the process of connecting clients to properties that best suits their family's needs."
8) Describe one quality about yourself, which has helped you develop the necessary skills to be a successful REALTOR® with Century 21 Bachman & Associates?
"I'm very analytical. This helps both my selling clients and buying clients when weighing out their options and making decisions on pricing ".
9) Why Century 21 Bachman & Associates?
"Century 21 Bachman & Associates offered the best training when I was first licensed. There was always help with questions, directions and suggestions to help me plan for my real estate business. The Century 21 system offered to their agents for a website and contact management saved me from the costly expense required to start your own business. Now, going into my 5th year, it's the ongoing training to get back to basics, improving presentations, time management courses and classes on new ways too keep my clients better informed on the changing market."
If you are thinking of Buying or Selling your home call Alison O'Toole with Century 21 Bachman