When it comes to buying or selling a home, we understand the importance of getting to know your REALTOR® as more than just a professional. Our “Meet A REALTOR®” series introduces the hard-working people of the Century 21 Bachman & Associates, and provides a personal look at each of us as residents of our community. For this installment, we spoke with Renata Bandel about what it means to live and work as a REALTOR® in Winnipeg & the surrounding area.
1. How long have you lived in Winnipeg?
Since I was 2 years old.
2. Why did you choose to settle here?
My family moved here when I was a baby and I raised my children here as well. It really is a great place to live and raise a family.
3.What is your favorite thing about living in Winnipeg?
Assiniboine Park is a favorite place to hike, bike and cross country ski, as well as live outdoor concerts, ballet in the Park, Jazz in the park, there is even outdoor movie nights in the summer…. There is always something going on.
4. What makes Manitoba different than any other province to live?
It is so accessible to so many beautiful parks, beaches and great activities just a few minutes to an hour or two from your front door.
5. Tell us a few of your favorite activities to do or places to visit in the area?
There are so many great restaurants, concerts, sporting events, folklorama and festivals.
6. Tell us one thing you love about working in the real estate industry and why?
Every client, home and situation is different, interesting, sometimes challenging, but fun and very rewarding.
7. Describe your most memorable sale in real estate:
My client was 99 years old and the nicest man, he was so happy that everything went so smoothly and quickly. He just had to sign papers, I staged the property, did the marketing, held an open house, showed the property several times and then met with him to choose one of several offers.
8. How has technology helped you as a REALTOR®?
It allows me to reach many people and get information out to them in real time.
9. Describe one quality about yourself, which has helped you develop the necessary skills to be a successful REALTOR® with Century 21 Bachman & Associates?
I love to renovate and decorate homes with almost 30 years experience (since I bought my first house). This gives me the ability to advise my clients on how to improve and/or accentuate the best features of the home to get the best offer.
10. Why Century 21 Bachman & Associates?
I started out with Bachman Property Management and wanted to learn more about the business, so once I had my Real Estate License I just moved down the hall. I have been in this office for 15 years now, I always felt right at home.
If you are thinking of buying or selling call: Renata Bandel 204-453-7653