The holiday season is fast approaching and many see it as a bad time to list their home for sale, when in fact it's actually a great time to put a home on the market. Here are a few reasons to list before the New Year:
- People who look for a home during the Holidays are more serious buyers and typically in a rush to buy something.
- Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the Holidays. Less competition means more money for you.
- Since the supply of listings will dramatically increase in January as most people believe that's the best time to sell, there will be less demand for your particular home if you wait until the New Year.
- Houses show better when decorated for the Holidays.
- Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays, so they are more likely to pay your price.
- Buyers have more time to look for a home during the Holidays than they do during a working week.
- Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
- January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transferees cannot wait until Spring to buy, you must be on the market now to capture that market.
- You can still be on the market, but you have the option to restrict showings during the six or seven days during the Holidays.
- You can sell now for more money and delay closing until early next year.
- By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the Spring, when many more houses are on the market for less money. This will allow you to sell high and buy low.
If you would like to talk more about listing your home for sale during the holiday season don't hesitate to call me at 204-997-5876.