According to Sharon Hay, Feng Shui consultant, the position of the Bedroom and the placement of furniture and other articles are important for having a good married life. A couple’s bedroom can make or break a relationship. Many times relationship problems are attributable to bad feng shui.
If you are looking to improve your relationship or prepare your bedroom for romance, given below are tips you can use.
- Keep the Bedroom clean, especially the south west area. Make sure the bedroom has good ventilation and lighting. Open the windows often and use good air purifiers in the room.
- Color is a very important part of Feng Shui. Try splashing some pink or even a light red on the walls. Decorations can be used in pink, yellow or brown, which are colors known to attract and improve love and relations.
- The Southwest corner of your home is the corner that governs the luck of love, romance and relationships. Natural crystals are especially effective for energizing the Southwest corner of your home. Place a crystal on the Southwest corner of your living room or bedroom to activate and enhance your romance luck. You can keep cream colored ceramic vase with artificial yellow flowers in this area too.
- Do not buy or use used mattresses in the bed as you never know what energy they have accumulated from previous owners. Also do not use two separate mattresses in the bed.
- Do not place the bed under a sloped ceiling. Beds with built-in storage drawers underneath are considered bad in Feng shui. The bed also should not be placed in line with any doors of the room. In addition to a good headboard, make sure to have a good supporting wall behind your bed. The bed should be accessed from both sides. It is also advisable not to sleep under the window. Placing nightstands on both sides of the bed is a good idea as long as it does not have pointed edges. A chandelier above your bed also is bad Feng Shui. Also make sure you do not have furniture with sharp ends pointing towards the bed even if it is in the farthest corner of the room. Also make sure to keep all doors in the bedroom closed at night.
- Clear the clutter in the bedroom and especially under the bed as this can be a real relationship breaker.
- Mirrors facing the bed or on the ceiling is considered bad in Feng Shui. So keep the mirrors out of the bedroom if possible or keep it covered when not in use.
- Pink is the Feng Shui color of Love and Romance Luck. Wearing pink colored clothes or keeping pink flowers or pink pillows in the room helps to activate your romance luck.
- Paintings of peony flowers in the living room are a huge romance enhancer.
- When recovering from a break-up the first thing you need to throw away is all the clutter of the old relationships like photographs, mementos or anything reminding you of that relationship. Removing old relationship energy also means that you have to throw away the love letters or the old sheets which you used. If you want to attract a new romantic partner you need to give up the old and make sure to make space for the new person in your home.
- Keep the television out of your bedroom. If you must have it, keep it covered when not in use. Television sets should not face the bed directly.
- Make sure that all objects located in the bedroom are in good condition. If something is broken or damaged repair or remove it as soon as possible as broken things indicate broken relations. .
- Keep a romantic and happy picture of you as a couple in the south west corner of the room. You may also put paintings or pictures of a pair of love birds or keep a pair of mandarin ducks in the room. Make sure not to use pictures representing solitude, loneliness, aggression, hard work, conflict, war, disagreement, etc. Traditional romantic symbols such as hearts, cupids and pictures of happy couples always work well. Make sure you have pairs in your bedroom even if it is candles or pillows or nightstands.
- Do not work or work out in the bedroom. It is also not a good idea to store equipment in the bedroom.
- If you have a bathroom attached to your bedroom, make sure that you close the door to the bathroom at all times.
- Do not keep plants or an aquarium in the bedroom.
P.S for more information, check out my other website at www.niagaraexecutivehomes.com