Sellers Convey Attitudes in NAR Study
The Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers also had a number of Seller findings worthy of note. Again, here are just a few.
Primary 10 Reasons for Selling:
- Home is too small
- Job Relocation
- Want to move closer to friends and family
- Neighbourhood has become less desirable
- Change in family situation
- Home is too large
- Moving due to retirement
- Want to move closer to current job
- Upkeep to home too difficult due to health or financial limitations
- Cannot afford the mortgage and other expenses of owning a home
Trading Up or Down
51% purchased a larger home,
21% traded down,
28% bought a comparably sized home.
Over 1/2 purchased a more expensive home and
57% purchased a newer home
Sellers and REALTORS®
The most important factors in choosing a REALTOR® were trustworthiness and reputation.
88% of sellers were assisted by a real estate salesperson when selling their home.
Forty-one percent of sellers who used a real estate salesperson found them through a referral from friends or family, and
23 percent used the salesperson they worked with previously to buy or sell a home.
Yet 84% of sellers said they are likely to use the same salesperson again or recommend to others.
What do Sellers Want from their REALTOR®