Selling a home is not always the easiest thing in the world, especially if you are in a weak seller's market like Kingston is currently. I have been in a number of homes and sometimes almost everything can be perfect, but the buyers will notice one (or more) things they do not like, and that is what will stick with them
Here is my list of top ten deal breakers:
1. Damage to walls, ceilings, doors etc.
2. Carpeted bathrooms
3. Stains on ceiling, floors, carpets, or walls
4. Listing to soon - if you are renovating finish the jobs first
5. Pet and Cigarette Smoke aroma
6. Cluttered front yard - 1 chance to make a first impression
7. To much or to large furniture
8. House is a mess- put away the dishes, laundry etc.
9. Unreasonable price expectation - you have to look at demand and neighbourhood prices
10. Paint job - you may love purple but not everyone does