It is relatively simple to be a successful seller with the use of some easy steps to take before putting your property on the market. Here are some tips to help make the selling of your home quick and relatively straightforward.
1. De-personalize and de-clutter your home – buyers viewing your home need to be able to envision their own life and personality in your home.
2. Freshen up your kitchen and bathroom (s) – a new coat of paint and/or new hardware are economical ways to bring new life to your kitchen and/or bathroom (s). Keeping these areas clean and free of clutter also adds appeal to these important rooms for buyers.
3. Your house must be immaculate for showings – make sure your house “sparkles” for showings, from the light fixtures to the floors and everything in-between.
4. Make sure your home is “dressed” for showings – You must impress the buyers the moment they drive up to your home so add some colourful flowers, trim the bushes and cut the grass (in winter always make sure the drive and walk are clear of snow and put down salt if these areas are icy). – if buyers are not impressed with the outside of the home they may not be interested in viewing the inside.
5. Price your house well – we all would like to get top dollar for our homes but pricing your home realistically is key to selling it – a REALTOR(R) can be of great help in this regard, since he or she can offer an objective opinion on price and has access to current housing prices in the area – they can offer an professional, objective third party opinion on the value of your home.
Julie Kinnear with “The Canadian Real Estate Pages” has written a great article expanding on these 5 tips – to view the full article click here.
If you are thinking of selling your home, we would love to speak with you about current market conditions in your area and help you with the home selling process, please feel free to call us anytime at 1-877-252-5242.
Until the next time,
The Jamie Dann Team